Over time, people start to experience back pain and other health issues. Sometimes, these issues are relieved by equipment that many people do not know exists. One of these types of equipment is the inversion table.
What is an inversion table? Is it the same kind of table used when having meals?
What is an inversion table?
An inversion table is a piece of equipment used in inversion therapy. It uses gravity to take the pressure off the nerve roots and disks of the spine, increasing the space between the vertebrae.
The whole idea of inversion therapy is to hang upside down or at an angle where your head is lower than your feet. This set up decompresses your spine, which relieves tension and pain.
While inversion tables provide temporary relief from back pain, using them could be risky for people with glaucoma, heart disease, or hypertension.
Inversion tables are made of materials that provide support for the overall body weight. They typically have padded back rests to provide comfort while the table is in use.
The frame is like a table that supports the entire body. It has adjustable clamps and some newer models have motors.
What is inversion therapy?
Inversion therapy is not a long-term medical solution to provide relief from back pain. It is not safe for everyone, either. It is simply one of the methods used in physical therapy to stretch the spine for back pain relief.
Inversion therapy is not recommended for anyone with glaucoma, heart disease, or high blood pressure. While you undergo inversion therapy, your heart beats more slowly and your blood pressure increases. The pressure on your eyeballs jumps radically.
Additionally, it does not provide long term relief. However, inversion therapy is really helpful, especially for patients who undergo a more comprehensive treatment program for lower back pain caused by spinal disk compression.
What are the health benefits of inversion table therapy?
Inversion table therapy reverses the harmful effects of gravity, offering temporary relief from back pain. Aside from back pain, inversion table therapy is also known to be effective for improving nervous system, slowing the aging process, lowering mental stress, enhancing the mind, detoxification, strengthening the immune system, and more.
Inversion Table Buying Guide
It is important that an inversion table be sturdy. It should support the patient’s body weight and body frame. When buying an inversion table, you should consider the following:
The inversion table you buy should be made of high carbon steel and other high quality steel tubing. Beware of the affordable inversion tables you find in places like Walmart, because most of them are made of plastic and other low quality materials that are hazardous to health and safety.
The frame should support your overall body weight and frame. Inversion tables can be static or foldable.
The back pads on inversion tables can be thick or thin. Thick pads are more comfortable than thin pads. Some have a notch at the top which allows you to rest your face down or up.
Some pads are removable, making it easier to exercise while inverting.
Not all feet are the same. To stand or sit on the inversion table platform, secure a clamp around your ankles. The clamps should be adjustable to firmly secure your ankles.
In older models of inversion table and economy model inversion tables, the patient rotates the bed. In newer or premium models, the patient can adjust the table with just the flick of a switch.
For more convenience, choose the latter. But if you are on a tight budget, rotating the bed is fine.
Buying Old Inversion Table
When buying an inversion table, make sure to buy a new one. They usually cost anywhere from $180 to $450. Inversion tables that cost less than $180 are questionable.
They might be made of low quality materials or might be second hand items.
Buying an old inversion table can be dangerous. The materials may be overused and already too weak to support body weight. It might be difficult to adjust, too.
Affordable inversion tables might be made of low quality materials. They could break anytime, even while you are using it.
Inversion tables are available in online stores or equipment stores. Choose wisely by reading the materials, user reviews, and online reviews.
|Teeter Inversion Table||$$$||4.6/5|
|Ironman Fitness Gravity Inversion Table||$$$||4.7/5|
|Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Inversion Therapy Table||$||4.6/5|
|Health Gear Advanced Inversion Technology||$$$||4.4/5|
|Exerpeutic Inversion Table||$||4.5/5|
|EMER Deluxe Inversion Therapy Table||$$||4.1/5|
|Invertio Premium Folding Inversion Table w/ Padded Backrest||$$||4.2/5|
|Inversion Table Pro Deluxe||$||4.4/5|
|Akonza Pro Deluxe Inversion Table||$$||4.0/5|
|Confidence Fitness Inversion Table, Black||$||4.1/5|
Top 5 Inversion Tables
There are a lot of inversion tables that you can find in Walmart, online, in medical supplies stores, and elsewhere. But not all of them provide relief and some may even cause injuries.
Be extra careful when buying at Walmart because most inversion tables there are made of cheap materials.
To help you, here are the Top 5 Best Inversion Tables today, according to the online ratings and user feedback:
Teeter Inversion Table
The Teeter Inversion Table passed the FDA Class 1 and is Underwriter Laboratories (UL) certified, which guarantees that it is safe and easy to use. It also means that it is easy to control and enhances your endurance.
Two of the important factors to consider in an inversion table are safety and security. Is the Teeter Inversion Table safe and does it secure the body?
- Well engineered to keeo the body in place and prevent it from falling or loosening
- Built with high grade materials and with patented security features
- Features EZ Reach Ankle System, Ergo Embrace Support, and Ankle Comfort Dial
- Contoured bed with smooth surfaces to provide long lasting comfort
- The Teeter Inversion Table features a unique and ergonomic building style to provide comfort while you’re being inverted. The Comfortrak Bed allows the body to comfortably stretch more and relieve pain. It comes with acupressure nodes to that can be adjusted depending on the intensity of pressure you want.
- It is made with high quality materials that support your body’s weight and frame. It holds the body parts because it is accompanied by patented security features like pivot bearings, auto locking hinges, cam locks, and steel parts.
- The Teeter Inversion Table has a very long handle, a long grip surface, grip and stretch handholds, and traction handles, allowing you to stretch more. It also allows you to exercise while in an inverted position.
- It has a preset inversion angles of 20, 40, and 60 degrees. It is easy to control and comes with secure lockout for turning 360 degrees.
- While Teeter Inversion Table can be easily folded and saves space when stored, it does not fold flat.
Ironman Fitness Gravity Inversion Table
The Ironman Fitness Gravity Inversion Table effectively relieves back pain and improves blood circulation. It is built with durable materials such as steel, PVC, and foam.
It supports weights of up to 350 pounds. It secures the body, regardless of the body’s frame and weight.
- Well-built with good materials to hold the user tight and prevent him or her from falling.
- Has ankle cushions and is padded with memory foam vinyl.
- One-year warranty to guarantee quality
- Finished with scratch resistant powder coat to look new even after years of use
- Easy to assemble
- The Ironman Fitness Gravity Inversion Table can invert the user up to 180 degrees. The degrees can be gradually adjusted for beginners to acquaint themselves with the position.
- It has a rubber nonskid base to prevent it from moving on the floor.
- The Ironman Fitness Gravity Inversion Table has molded ankle cushions and padded backrest to provide comfort during inversion.
- The backrest has padded memory foam vinyl to provide comfort for the head.
- Ironman Fitness Gravity Inversion Table is easy to assemble and fold down.
- Ironman Fitness Gravity Inversion Table has poor packaging.
Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Inversion Therapy Table
The Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Inversion Therapy Table provides enough support for any user’s body weight and frame. It provides comfort during inversion therapy. It effectively relieves back pain and other muscle stress.
- Made of heavy gauge metal tubing that does not easily break or loosen.
- Has a 5 position side inversion pin that can be easily adjusted into different angles. Simply put the pin to the desired decline position and you’ll be secured in place.
- Can support up to 300 pounds’ weight and height between 4 feet 10 inches to 6 feet 6 inches.
- Includes soft touch foam handlebars for comfort
- Has long, wide padded back support
- Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Inversion Therapy Table is a durable inversion table that holds the user in place regardless of his or her weight and body frame. It is sturdy and does not break. It comes with a one year warranty.
- It is easy to assemble and easy to use. The five position side inversion pin can be adjusted to invert the user to different angles.
- The Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Inversion Therapy Table is beginner-friendly. It moves slowly to prevent dizziness and help beginners acquaint themselves with the inverted position.
- Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Inversion Therapy Table has soft touch foam handlebars and long, wide padded back support to provide comfort.
- Some packages comes with no instruction manual.
Health Gear Advanced Inversion Technology
The Health Gear Advanced Inversion Technology is a 4.5 star rated inversion table with reliable features that other inversion tables do not have. It is tested and approved to UL point safety and performance standards.
As one of the leading manufacturers of inversion tables, Health Gear provides high quality inversion tables with advanced features.
- Can relieve back pain in two ways
- Made with very heavy gauge steel tube frame and finished with scratch resistant powder coating
- Secures the legs, ankles, and body to prevent falls and injuries
- Comes with adjustable inversion degrees – 20, 40, and 60
- Can support weight of up to 300 pounds and body frame between 5 feet 1 inch and 6 feet 5 inches
- Features unique technology that massages the muscles and nerves to help relieve pain and relax the muscles
- The Health Gear Advanced Inversion Technology relieves back pain in two ways – inverting the body and giving a therapeutic heat massage.
- It is built with secure locks such as leg clamps and four adjustable high density foam leg rollers.
- The degree of inversion can be easily adjusted using the three position side inversion pin. Also, Health Gear Advanced Inversion Technology has a center rotational bar that prevents any pinch points.
- It features a Vibro Massage Pad that can be removed or attached to the bed or chair. It provides added relief and relaxation to sore muscles by supplying a soothing heat. Also, it has 3 massage functions.
- The Health Gear Advanced Inversion Technology is easy to control because of its multifunction hand controller. With this controller, you can adjust the heat, time, and intensity of the massage while being inverted.
- It can be easily rolled up when not in use.
Exerpeutic Inversion Table
The Exerpeutic Inversion Table is a 4.5 star rated inversion table. It is well engineered with high quality materials such as heavy duty steel. It is scratch resistant, so it looks brand new even after being used for years.
- Supports weight of up to 300 pounds and body frame between 4 feet 10 inches and 6 feet 6 inches
- Easy to adjust because of its extra-long full loop handle bars and adjustable tether strap
- Provides comfort during inversion because of its padded back, arm rests, and more
- Easy to adjust and easy to use
- The Exerpeutic Inversion Table effectively relieves back pain and provides overall body relaxation. After using it for just 5 to 10 minutes daily, back pain and other muscle stress will be reduced to zero.
- It is well built and can support different body frames and weight.
- The Exerpeutic Inversion Table comes with long full loop handle bars and a tether strap that can be conveniently adjusted to different inversion angles.
- It comes with soft foam padded back rest, ankle cushions, and foam rollers to provide comfort and security. The easy pull pin secures the body or releases it when needed.
- Users complain about the heaviness of the Exerpeutic Inversion Table.
- The user manual is thin, though it comes in different languages.
Inversion therapy is a natural, effective way to relieve back pain and other muscle stress. It is getting popular around the world and more back pain sufferers are getting interested in it.
The therapy is practiced by hanging the person upside down to counter the negative effects of the gravitational pull on the body.
Many manufacturers are making different types of inversion tables. Some are made with high quality materials, while some come with different features.
They vary in price, unique features, and more. But when it comes to purchasing your own inversion table, you have to consider the important factors.
One important factor to consider when buying an inversion table is the kinds of materials it is made of. It should not only be well built, but should also be built with durable materials to prevent it from easily ripping off or breaking.
This is the most important factor because inversion tables should hold and secure their users while they’re inverted upside down. It should have secure straps to keep the user from falling and prevent any injuries.
When the inversion table is made of high end materials, all other factors follow: the unique features, comfort, weight support, price, and more. The top five best inversion tables are listed above.
All of them secure the body in place and support maximum body weight and body frame. Some of the inversion tables even come with advanced features that relieve pain and relax the muscles more effectively.
Among the best inversion tables listed above, the Health Gear Advanced Inversion Technology is the best of the best. It relieves back pain in two ways — by inverting the user at different angles and by providing a soothing heat massage to ease muscle stress.
Its most unique feature is the Premium Vibro Massage pad that can be attached to any chair or bed. It provides relaxing heat and comes with three massage functions. It is easy to control with its multi-function hand controller.
The Health Gear Advanced Inversion Technology has more advanced features that most inversion tables do not have. It might be the best thing in life, freeing you from back pain and muscle stress any time you need. Adding it to your household is the best decision you could ever make.
There you have it! Now that you know more about inversion therapy and inversion tables, you can decide which inversion table you want.
Use the inversion table with caution and care to avoid injuries and make sure that you are not in a category that makes it too risky for you to undergo inversion therapy. Now you can relieve back pain without taking too many medications with adverse side effects.